Saturday, February 9, 2013

Life after 50 (or in my case 51)

Since yesterday was my birthday  (I turned 51) I guess it is a good time to take inventory of my life and what lies down the road (provided I don't kick the bucket anytime soon).  First of all, I'm relieved that I still feel relatively young!  Well, my knees do act up in cold weather, but I am able to get out and do most of the things I always enjoyed doing.   I distinctly remember as a young feller that folks around 30 seemed old. Then as I myself approached that age, it was folks around 50 that seemed old.  By then I figured that if I reached this age (around 50) I would start to feel old. Thankfully I was wrong. It's folks around 90 that are truly old...

Well, so much for taking inventory or looking ahead.  That takes too much thought. I will say that I am now realizing that time is the one commodity that should never be taken for granted. And along those lines, my health should be nurtured as much as possible.  So looking down the road I would like to improve my health (sounds a lot like my New Years Resolution every year....)  I do believe that being healthy will improve the quality of my life if not quantity. I will be able to do things for myself instead of depending on others and hopefully I can help others when needed

No comments:

Post a Comment