Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Holler

I over did it on the Bumble Beast yesterday and my knees are letting me know, so today I have been lazy.  I wanted to take a quick walk to the holler but just did not feel up to it. So instead I will just share a few of photos of the holler during different time of the year.  Oh and BTW, it is beautiful year-round so I will take and share more holler photos in the future.  I have hundreds already and it was very hard to pick just a few, but hopefully these are good ones.  And in case you git lost, I put the description under each photo,  You can also click on a photo for a larger image.
I took this photo of the small waterfall above the swimming hole (not right at the swimming hole) about a week ago.  It was about 32 F at the time I took it and that made it look steamy.

This is the same waterfall right after a big rain.

And the same waterfall last summer, I had just gotten my Olympus Pen camera and was trying it out.

   Yep, same waterfall, only this time it was really cold. This was a couple of years ago.

 OK, one last on at this particular waterfall.  Some guy got in the way of my shot...

This is the waterfall at the swimming hole.  It may look warm and inviting but believe me, that water is like ice!

One of my favorite spots along the creek.

My daughter goes with me occasionally. I enjoy her company but that's my jacket...

And for good measure, a leaf I photographed a couple of years ago while hiking down to the holler.  BTW, this photo was taken with a used Olympus Verve camera I picked up at Unclaimed Baggage for $35 bucks, but it goes to show, a small camera can take decent photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment