Monday, February 25, 2013

Another Bargain...

JCP  Down Puffer Jacket
 I had to make a trip into Scottsboro this afternoon and the wife said she needed to stop by JCP if we had time.  Being the awesome husband that I am I said sure honey!  Anyways, while she was looking for the shirt she went in to look for I browsed the men's section.  I noticed some down jackets on clearance, marked down from $60 to $20.  Now I need another down jacket about like I needed another pair of boots (see post earlier today for explanation) but if they had 2 in my size I think I might have bought 2.  I liked the orange color better but they only had them in L, M and Sm.  They had 2 blue ones, a M and an XXL.  I really probably needed an XL but the XXL is not all that big on me.   It weighs next to nothing and packs down really small.  I cant vouch for the quality of the jacket but it is filled with 650 down so that in itself is promising. I've already worn it outside a few minutes and it is warm.  Not that it is all that cold out right now but it is 50 F and the wind is howling.  On the left is the jacket in the provided stuff sack.  It would pack down even smaller but I actually don't like to compress my down items any more than I have to so I am pleased with the generous size of the stuff sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment