Monday, March 18, 2013

Lost in Little Rock

I know I haven't posted in several day, but I am not going to post just to be posting.  And even now, I don't have a lot to say but something just happened I wanted to share (or brag about).  It always feels good when your kid calls needing your advice, especially if it involves directions... Not directions in life (that's the wife's job)  but directions in driving.  You see, my daughter just called after dropping her sister-in-law off at the airport in Little Rock during rush hour and she was not sure she could find her way back to the base in Jacksonville.  First of all, I had the computer off so this took a few minutes for me to get it fired up and get google maps loaded.  I then asked here what road she was on and she say 440, I ask what exit she is seeing next and she gives me the number.  Unfortunately,  I see she is headed west. I scan ahead and see a place I can turn her around. I have her making a right off the interstate, then another right, and then back onto 440  headed east.  She argues with me that she needs to go left at the second turn when I'm looking right at the map.  It also seem logical that to turn around you need to turn right  (or left) twice but I learned long ago, women (at least the ones in my family) have no sense of direction. Anyways, after getting her headed in the right direction it takes several minutes for her to cross the Arkansas River and then in North Little Rock where she is familiar with the roads.  She says thanks and do I have a few more minutes to talk. She wanted me to catch her up on NASCAR.  She is a big Kasey Kane fan and I had to let her know he won yesterday.  For some reason I thought she knew or I would have already called and told her.  Last time we talked to her she was headed to work and he was running second. I remember because the wife was talking to her and I told the wife to let her know.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, she is asking YOU directions and you have been there "how many times?". Sounds like you did pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete