Monday, April 1, 2013

What do you thank Max

First, about the title, I took a short video of my most recent bent MTB ride today and  Max was along for the ride, of course he didn't actually ride.  Anyways, I noticed I must have said "what do you thank Max" about a dozen times (went back and counted and only said it 5 times but it seemed like more).

Second, I should apologize to all my faithful readers (two that I know of) for being so lazy the past few weeks.  After hurting my knee again a few weeks ago I went into a depressed state of mind. I know that's hard to believe, but try hobbling around in pain a few weeks and see if it don't give you the blues.  It also makes you feel old.  Anyways, it is slowly starting to feel better, and by keeping my bike in very low gears and walking the steep hills I have been able to ride a little.  I went for a short ride Thursday and again today.  Been trying to see if my new iPhone 5 is going to take decent video.  It does OK as long as I'm not riding...  I'll see if YouTube can take out some of the shake after I get it uploaded.  I was also trying technique I read about yesterday about using the earbuds that come with the phone as a mic.It seemed to work pretty well but there is a little popping noise occasionally.

And lastly, I am so ready for our internet provider to get fiber optics run by my house.  I started uploading my ride video over an hour ago and it still likes 70 minutes. And, it is only a 3 minute 19 second video.  However I am going to go ahead and post this, I'll come back and add a link to the video when it is ready.  I wanted to let YouTube stabilize it so that will add more time. So, after 2 and a half hours it has finished uploading, now says it is stabilizing and to check back later. So, if you watch it now you will probably see the really shaky version, later the not so shaky but still bad version.  One thing I noticed watching it on the split screen is that the fixed version is not as crisp,.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSgCYnZVMxU

5 comments:

  1. I think they are working on Elkins Road, so fiber should getting closer to you every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive been hearing it wont be long for 2 years now...but your right, they are getting closer.

      Delete
  2. Max thinks watching Coy Boy ride his Bumble Beast will give you motion sickness as bad as "The Blair Witch Project" (which made me lose my Coca Cola and Reeses Cups during the movie)... Max looked confused when you kept asking, "What do you think, Max? What do you think, Max?"... Still as acting president of the Crazy Coy Club, I think the video was first rate... ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it! sorry bout the shaky video, maybe I will be able to afford a film crew one day and do something like this. Helicopter and all.

      Delete
    2. forgot the link
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FSmK0MDxSw

      Delete