Thursday, March 7, 2013

Forgetful day...literally

Not too bad for an iPhone

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day but I did get several things accomplished.  The day started with a trip to town to pick up some lumber for my dad,  We also stooped at Wal-Mart and I intended to buy a new bell chain so that all the chain on the Bumble Beast would match.  However, I forgot the chain when we stopped.  That's kinda sad when you consider I told Dad the main reason I needed to stop at wally-world was for the bike chain.  

After we unloaded the groceries and lumber we picked up some tin at the chicken house but it was too windy to try and start putting the roof on his shed. He had bough one of those sheds that is covered by some kind of heavy duty tarp but some strong winds tore the top off about a week ago.

I then ordered a few things from Bacchetta that I needed to repair the Bumble Beast, namely a new derailleur hanger and rear derailleur. I also washed and dried three loads of clothes.  My wife will be glad to hear that it was so windy I dried all three loads (even the towels) in the dryer.  I was rummaging around in the garage and found two chains I had forgotten I had....anyone see a pattern developing here, my mind blocks out anything to do with bicycle chain... Anyways, I must have bought them on clearance a few years ago when ordering something I needed. I  looked online to order a matching chain, then called my LBS to see how much they could get it for.  I prefer to support them but I wont  hesitate to order something if I find a good enough sale online.  Their price was close enough so I will be picking it up the next time I'm in town, probably Friday.

I then went for a walk to the holler.  I really liked the Humvee vest but wore some Wolverine  boots I have been testing for BackpackGearTest instead of the new ones I just got from LAPoliceGear. They fit great and I'll be reporting on them later. By the time I finished my walk it was nearly time for church so I grabbed a quick shower and cooked supper (the wife is sick).  However, the most eventful happening was when Max took his couch sitting game to a whole nother level. But that deserves its own post so I will save it for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment