Friday, March 8, 2013

Fergit everthing you learned in gym class

Git ready for the best workout of you life!
 That's right, I have discovered a much better way to workout.  Just to give you an idea of how effective the workout is, I did it for about 5 hours yesterday and was in bed by 7 PM and I usually don't hit the sack before 10 or 11 PM. I woke up sore this morning but I liked the workout so much that I did it for about 4 more hours today.   I'm not quite as tard tonight, but believe me, it was a good workout.  To do this workout correctly you will need a little equipment.  The most expensive item you will need is a Little Giant ladder.  We actually had 2 ladders but my dad was working out too so we needed both.  You could save a little money by using a cheaper ladder (we had one cheap ladder) but the Little Giant is much heavier and that is a plus! The next step is to find a shed that needs a new roof.  You will also need some boards, tin, a hammer, tape measure, speed square,  circular saw (an extra one is nice to cut the tin, just reverse an old blade that does not have carbide tips)) a couple of cordless drills, assorted screws, nails etc.  Now comes the fun part.  I will assume you have measured everything and know what lengths the boards and tin will need to be.  We strapped our boards (lath) to the overhead poles (you most likely will be nailing to rafters) using conduit wall hangers. The poles were just under 2 inches and the straps we used were for 2 inch pipe but we got them to hold by stretching them out just a little.  We then added a row of bracing underneath. The real workout is all the trips up and down the ladder and then a lot of bending and twisting at the top  You climb up, measure something, drop hammer, climb back down, re-climb ladder and hammer or screw whatever it is into place. Repeat this over and over.  We used a combination of shanked nails and wood screws.  By the time you finish putting up the boards you have completed the workout for the day.

Day 2 is a little easier workout but it will still git your attention.  We cut the old tin into the proper lengths and had enough to do one side.  This took us about 2 and a half hours. We then made a trip to Arab and picked up the tin for the other side so we in effect had a pretty long break.  Since the new tin was already cut to length we made much faster progress finishing up the other side. However, my legs are just about wasted. I've ridden my bike 50 mile in a day pulling a trailer loaded with camping gear and not been as tard. I've hiked 20 miles on the AT trail in a day and my legs did not feel as tard.  In  other words, if you judge a workout by how tard you feel afterwards, this one will do the trick! PS I earned bonus points for getting a piece of steel stuck in my finger. It's too small to see to get it out but it is bugging the stew out of me.

4 comments:

  1. I feel sure you know this, but I have to say it anyway, "the word is tired"! mm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so if you get canned at work do you git fired or fared, is it a flat tire or a flat tar? I rest my case!

      Delete
  2. Coy,
    Let the steel stay in your finger and see if you metamorphosize into a robot...
    Sincerely,
    Kevo, Acting President of the Crazy Coy Club

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the CCC is a figment of Joe Cools imagination...

      Delete